Re: Built-in proxy support in Client API?

Sergey Beryozkin

Hi Andy, Pavel

Would it make sense to consider extending the security related part of the API a bit ?
It already has some methods for setting up HTTPS the portable way.

Cheers, Sergey

On 25/05/17 22:35, Andy McCright wrote:
Hi Pavel,

The java properties will specify proxy host/port for the entire JVM.  Some of my customers are using JAX-RS clients in hybrid cloud environments where they may need a proxy server to access certain endpoints but not others - so they really need a per-client solution.  We can provide that per-client solution with a vendor-specific property, but then it is no longer portable.

I'm fine if we want to push this out to the next rev of JAX-RS though.  I think it is an important issue, but not worth holding up the spec's release.

Thanks,

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development
+1 507 253 7448
TL 553-7448
andymc@...

From: "Dennis Kieselhorst" <deki@...>
Sent by: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io
To: jaxrs-spec@javaee.groups.io
Date: Mon, May 22, 2017 2:01 AM

Hi Pavel,

I don't want to hijack the topic, I'm just saying that we can handle both cases in a common way.

Regards
Dennis