Topics

JAX-RS 2.1 released!

it's our pleasure to announce that JAX-RS 2.1 was officially released, see https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=370.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Feel free to share this message anywhere, write a blog post, speak about JAX-RS on conferences.. use whatever channel you think is relevant.

Reference implementation is Jersey in version 2.26, currently available on java.net promoted maven repository [1]; it will be soon released to maven central.

Best regards,
Pavel & Santiago

[1] https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/promoted/

Guillermo González de Agüero

Congratulations and thanks Pavel, Santiago and everyone involved on this release!

Now that the spec is complete, any plans to move the JAX-RS repositories under the Java EE organization?

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El jue., 24 de agosto de 2017 15:46, Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek@...> escribió:
Dear experts,

it's our pleasure to announce that JAX-RS 2.1 was officially released,
see https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=370.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Feel free to share this message anywhere, write a blog post, speak about
JAX-RS on conferences.. use whatever channel you think is relevant.

Reference implementation is Jersey in version 2.26, currently available
on java.net promoted maven repository [1]; it will be soon released to
maven central.

Best regards,
Pavel & Santiago

[1] https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/promoted/

Congratulations! When do we start with JAX-RS 2.2? ;-)

Feel free to share this message anywhere, write a blog post, speak about JAX-RS on conferences.. use whatever channel you think is relevant.

Reference implementation is Jersey in version 2.26, currently available on java.net promoted maven repository [1]; it will be soon released to maven central.

Best regards,
Pavel & Santiago

[1] https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/promoted/

Arjan Tijms

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:09 am, Markus KARG wrote:
Congratulations! When do we start with JAX-RS 2.2? ;-)
Good question indeed. I'd say that even without a JSR we can already discuss our wishlists, can't we?

My nr 1 item; further or even totally integrate with CDI ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan

Andy McCright

Congratulations All!

It has been a pleasure working with you all on this, and I am looking forward to working with you again in the open source.

Now it is time to implement this spec!  :-)

Thanks!

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development
+1 507 253 7448
TL 553-7448
andymc@...

it's our pleasure to announce that JAX-RS 2.1 was officially released,
see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.jcp.org_en_jsr_detail-3Fid-3D370&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=UpdfB_BfG8Sfl9U7cu9zlMnzlZDpNORv4F5g8rYfZJg&m=cZRJPetic6K09SdI_u-Jjc-vHS2H3QnR0SDXEgGOdhk&s=SnEzQLU5tNb8MPU6q7EUqR7Urx_49nRhVFCRTExYWHk&e= .

Thanks everyone for participating!

Feel free to share this message anywhere, write a blog post, speak about
JAX-RS on conferences.. use whatever channel you think is relevant.

Reference implementation is Jersey in version 2.26, currently available
on java.net promoted maven repository [1]; it will be soon released to
maven central.

Best regards,
Pavel & Santiago

[1] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__maven.java.net_content_repositories_promoted_&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=UpdfB_BfG8Sfl9U7cu9zlMnzlZDpNORv4F5g8rYfZJg&m=cZRJPetic6K09SdI_u-Jjc-vHS2H3QnR0SDXEgGOdhk&s=3nZn6wFCEZLLEl0zfP93CIwMNcsZvlxR8bao3NSDgVc&e=

Cassio Mazzochi Molin

Great job, guys!

Ah! Following Arjan, +1 for further or even totally integrate with CDI in the next release.

Sergey Beryozkin

Hi Pavel

Nice work - thanks for taking over from Marek and being as great as Marek was :-), being friendly, responsive and patient

Hi Santiago - thanks for your continuing leadership of this effort

it's our pleasure to announce that JAX-RS 2.1 was officially released, see https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=370.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Feel free to share this message anywhere, write a blog post, speak about JAX-RS on conferences.. use whatever channel you think is relevant.

Reference implementation is Jersey in version 2.26, currently available on java.net promoted maven repository [1]; it will be soon released to maven central.

Best regards,
Pavel & Santiago

[1] https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/promoted/

Will you keep us updated on IBM's implementation progress? :-)

-Markus

[...]

I'll do my best!  :-)

I was hoping to have at least some of the functionality delivered in our upcoming beta, but due to a build snafu, it didn't make it.  We should have something "tangible" to play with in our next beta - which should be out by the end of September.

FWIW, I'm really enjoying working with SSE.  I hope that technology catches on!

Thanks,

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development
+1 507 253 7448
TL 553-7448
andymc@...

[...]

I have the feeling that all CDI experts in this group want is to go total CDI and spend a good portion of the next cycle's time
on getting everything injected really really well the CDI way, way better then it is already possible now, and ignore (or leave little time for) everything else that can actually inspire application developers do something new and cool in JAX-RS. While I agree that CDI-aware users should have more options to make all the bootstrapping process neater, CDI work is really not something that should take over everything else. It would take months do it right and in the end all JAX-RS users get is that they will probably be able to use JAX-RS with CDI only and no any new major features otherwise...

My preference would be for the group to go totally ballistic on doing better Reactive, Async, NIO. Make it really really well and spend all the time if the needed on this action only.

Sergey

On 24/08/17 20:09, Arjan Tijms wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:09 am, Markus KARG wrote:
Congratulations! When do we start with JAX-RS 2.2? ;-)
Good question indeed. I'd say that even without a JSR we can already discuss our wishlists, can't we?

My nr 1 item; further or even totally integrate with CDI ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan

Ondrej Mihályi

Hi,

I would put it this way: alignment with CDI is as important the other major features like reactive and NIO but not more important. All the 3 features have been discussed for a long time, some already have been partially implemented. There's no reason to prefer any of them as there should be enough time for all 3 to be addressed in the next version of JAX-RS.

Ondro

[...]

+1. For Java EE users, it's a really needed feature of equal importance.

Regards,

El jue., 31 de agosto de 2017 20:12, Ondrej Mihályi <ondrej.mihalyi@...> escribió:

[...]

Treating CDI enhancements request as the one of the *equal* importance is reasonable.
Making it of the major priority is not IMHO...

Cheers, Sergey