Topics

terminology

rawand takna

aren't the names MessageBodyReader and MessageBodyWriter confusing enough to let developers think that with MessageBodyReader they can READ both request messages and response messages!!!

I would suggest renaming the classes to RequestMessageReader and ResponseMessageWriter.

Pavel Bucek

Hi Rawand,

MessageBodyReader and Writer are used in various contexts. For example, on server side, Reader is used to read request body. On the client side, Reader is used to read response body. Writer is the same case as Reader, they do alway read message body, but there is no guarantee that it is going to be request or response.