Jersey 2.26 and jax-rs 2.1 maven dependency problem

Chris Olson

I'm attempting to pull in Jersey 2.6 with Gradle. Gradle complains that it can't resolve due to:
Could not HEAD 'http://central.maven.org/maven2/javax/ws/rs/javax.ws.rs-api/2.1/javax.ws.rs-api-2.1.$%7Bpackaging.type%7D'

And when you visit the maven page, the "files" link returns a 404. https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/javax.ws.rs/javax.ws.rs-api/2.1
As you can see, the packaging .type variable is not getting resolved. I'm wondering if it's because the maven profile isn't getting set due to an incorrect <jdk> "profile activation" value.

The [jax-rs 2.1 POM][1] defines the "jdk8-"  profile as:
    <profile>
      <id>jdk8-</id>
      <activation>
        <jdk>(,9)</jdk>
      </activation>
    ..
    </profile>

I'm wondering if the (,9) is preventing any profile from getting picked up:
    <jdk>(,9)</jdk>

According to the maven [range spec][2], should it be this?
    <jdk>(,1.9)</jdk>

I suspect this is a jax-rs pom problem. I've posted a message to the jax-rs group as well but thus far it's very difficult to determine who to contact for this (groups.io, user mailing list, stackoverflow,etc).

Join jersey@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.