Re: Test and what's next?

Guillermo González de Agüero

Splitting it sounds good so people can create reduced runtimes.

Btw, what about the JSP view facility? Is it already deprecated? That could be another candidate to be moved to another module IMO.

Regards

Guillermo González de Agüero

El sáb., 13 de mayo de 2017 17:47, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> escribió:

Pruning the native managed bean facility would take 2 major releases, and in Mojarra if I understood correctly it would never be truly removed. It's the RI, so after being pruned it's made optional, which means the RI still has to provide an example (reference) implementation for it.

MyFaces would be allowed to drop it totally then.

But yes, I like your idea of trying to extract the MBF into a separate jar. I think we can even do that already outside the spec cycle as an implementation detail.

Join jsf-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.