Re: Filing for JSF.next?

Michael Müller

Hi,

we have to handle a dataportal which is implemented with JSF. Over time, it became a huge gorilla. Since a couple of features are independent from others, I suggested to divide this application into about ten or twelwe and create a "navigation" app which is used to star the correct application. So we like to divide the screen into at least two squares. One to run the navigation app and the other as an edit window which hosts the different apps.

Because Portlets seems to fit for this requirement, I instructed a colleague to evaluate this technique. He reported about a couple of problems and could not get it to run till today. I don't know whether it is really complicated (in conjunction with GlassFish/Payara) or my colleague simply missed something. If it is really complicated, I would appreciate any JSF spec enhancement to run independent JSF apps within one browser window. Optional there should be the ability for a simple inter app communication (more lightweight than JMS).

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,

Michael Müller
Brühl, Germany
blog.mueller-bruehl.de
it-rezension.de
@muellermi

Read my books
  "Web Development with Java and JSF": https://leanpub.com/jsf
  "Java Lambdas and Parallel Streams": http://www.apress.com/de/book/9781484224861
  "Visitors" a photographic image book: https://leanpub.com/visitors

On 05/17/2017 11:45 PM, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi,

It's been a few days, so just a friendly ping ;)

Are there any plans for the next spec cycle of JSF 2.3?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Michael Müller <michael.mueller@...> wrote:
Hi Arjan, hi Ed,

personally I would prefer a kind of "continous" specification: Specify topics independently from any Java EE version and deliver the spec and RI as soon as possible.
--

Join jsf-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.