JSF 2.3 Section 5.4.1 question regarding injection

pnicoluc@...

Hello,

According to the JSF spec section 5.4.1 “JSF Managed Classes and Java EE Annotations”, there are a bunch of JSF artifacts eligible for injection.

On MyFaces, all these objects allow injection when they are registered globally via faces-config.xml.  However, injection in ActionListener and PhaseListener don’t work if they are registered per component/view in a facelet using  <f:actionListener/> and <f:phaseListener/>.

The following MyFaces JIRA was opened to discuss the issue with the MyFaces community: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4138

On Mojarra, I was not able to get these objects to support injection,  I tried registering them globally via faces-config.xml and registering them per component/view in a facelet.

Does injection in ActionListener or PhaseListener need to be supported when they are registered in a facelet using <f:actionListener/> and <f:phaseListener/>?

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

Join jsf-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.