Re: About the diff between 2.3 and master

Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...>

My understanding is that the master isn't passing the JSF 2.3 TCK, perhaps because some API changes have been introduced?

Do you expect master to be JSF 2.3 compatible?

I think we would like to get master back to JSF 2.3 compatible so we can contribute it to Eclipse.  How difficult will that be?  The bug fixes that have been applied to the branch can either be applied to master now or can be applied to the Eclipse project after it's created.

arjan tijms wrote on 04/27/18 04:11 AM:

Hi,

The major difference between MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING and master are the number of patches Bauke and Kyle did while the vetting of the master was already in progress.

I think MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING can not just be donated, as it hasn't been vetted. All the license checks and removal of (non-compliant) libraries has been done in master.

The patches however should all be very focussed individual changes, and as they have been applied to MOJARRA_2_2X_ROLLING and before as well, I think it will be much easier to apply them one by one to the master at Eclipse.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 5:14 AM, <ren.zhijun@...> wrote:
Hi Arjan,

In our Github project javaserverfaces/mojarra, MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING branch is "119 commits ahead, 297 commits behind master".

What's the main differences between the two branches?  The merge from 2.3 to master will be very difficult cause you have done file structure refactoring, right?

For current donation to Eclipse, can we donate MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING instead of master branch? it means that 297 commits in master will not be donated to Eclipse, do you have concern about it?

Thanks,

Zhijun

Join jsf-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.