Re: About the diff between 2.3 and master

Ruolin Li

Hi, Arjan,

I've tested the fix with CTS cases.
The previously-failed case passed .

The reproducer was sent in another mail.

Thanks and best regards
Ruolin

On May 7, 2018, at 20:01, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@...> wrote:

Hi,

A potential fix for the CTS failure has been committed here: https://github.com/javaserverfaces/mojarra/pull/4372

I was waiting for a reproducer for the failure, but as the fix seems simple enough hopefully that one will fix it.

If that fix works I'll start with the merge.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 4:33 AM,  <ren.zhijun@...> wrote:

Hi Arjan,

When will you do the merge from 2.3.x to master? at least we need to fix CTS failure issue soon, to be efficient, you can commit the fix firstly in https://github.com/javaserverfaces/mojarra, then I can migrate the merge to EE4J repo.

Thanks,

Zhijun

On 28/04/2018 4:06 AM, arjan tijms wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 9:48 PM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...> wrote:
My understanding is that the master isn't passing the JSF 2.3 TCK, perhaps because some API changes have been introduced?

The API project in master has not been touched, it's 100% identical to the 2.3 branch.

But it's always possible an accidental bug has crept in the implementation project that causes faulty behaviour (this would have been my mistake then).

In this case, if I'm not mistaken, it's only a NullPointerException that's accidentally wrapped in a FacesException.

Do you expect master to be JSF 2.3 compatible?

Yes indeed, it should be fully 2.3 compatible. No behaviour (should) have been changed.

I think we would like to get master back to JSF 2.3 compatible so we can contribute it to Eclipse.  How difficult will that be?

I can only assume it should be easy. I'll take a look at the exception right away. The contribution to Mojarra has already been done, hasn't it?

  The bug fixes that have been applied to the branch can either be applied to master now or can be applied to the Eclipse project after it's created.

I've just created an issue to track this effort: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mojarra/issues/4380

I can apply the bug fixes to either repo (Oracle or Eclipse), but since the master has already been transferred I assume that Eclipse is easiest.

Please advise, so I can potentially start with this task this weekend.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

arjan tijms wrote on 04/27/18 04:11 AM:
Hi,

The major difference between MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING and master are the number of patches Bauke and Kyle did while the vetting of the master was already in progress.

I think MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING can not just be donated, as it hasn't been vetted. All the license checks and removal of (non-compliant) libraries has been done in master.

The patches however should all be very focussed individual changes, and as they have been applied to MOJARRA_2_2X_ROLLING and before as well, I think it will be much easier to apply them one by one to the master at Eclipse.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 5:14 AM, <ren.zhijun@...> wrote:
Hi Arjan,

In our Github project javaserverfaces/mojarra, MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING branch is "119 commits ahead, 297 commits behind master".

What's the main differences between the two branches?  The merge from 2.3 to master will be very difficult cause you have done file structure refactoring, right?

For current donation to Eclipse, can we donate MOJARRA_2_3X_ROLLING instead of master branch? it means that 297 commits in master will not be donated to Eclipse, do you have concern about it?

Thanks,

Zhijun

Join jsf-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.