Re: Test and what's next?

Guillermo González de Agüero

Hi,

CDI alignment is also one of my favourites. The other one would be simpler component development. Composite components are a great (but poorly documented, IMHO) feature. But even then, they are only simple when you don't need to resort to Java code.

I know you Arjan had a prototype for a simplified model [1]. That would be indeed a good start.

Modern JavaScript frameworks are making ui components "fashionable" again, but JSF components are still too oriented to library authors, IMO.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

El sáb., 13 de mayo de 2017 13:01, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@...> escribió:

We could indeed start to flag potential candidates for the next version already. The idea of this thread was to gauge interest a little, see what people already know what they'd like to see.

Continuing the CDI migration/alignment would be a big one for me. There's much more to be done there still.

GitHub issues indeed does not have priority sorting, other than sorting on thumbs up. Compared to JIRA GitHub issue is as bare bones an issue tracker can be.

Join jsf-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.