Re: PropertyOrderStrategy does not when POJO uses @JsonbProperty

Jocafi

Ok. I read the documentation and you are right.

However, I would like to suggest the creation of a new strategy called PropertyOrderStrategy.PRESERVED  OR  PropertyOrderStrategy.SLOW_BUT_PRESERVED

The main intention to preserve the order is to speed up the web application development. I do not want to lost time looking where is my ID among the other 50 fields in the json object. I want to see the ID in the first position.

When we go PROD we control the JsonbConfig to use PropertyOrderStrategy.ANY or other strategy in order to win in performance.

I think there are some cases where developers prefer / decide to have less performance and more control about a formatted output. They are minority, but they should also have more control about the generated json format by jsonb.

Best Regards,
Jocafi

Join jsonb-spec@javaee.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.